Export-Import License Types

The regulations in 10 CFR 110 apply to all individuals in the United States who export and import nuclear equipment and material under NRC licensing authority. Unless the export or import transaction falls in one of the specific exception categories identified in 10 CFR 110.1(b)(1)-(6), it must be authorized by an appropriate NRC license. NRC issues two types of export and import licenses: general and specific.