Health Physics Questions and Answers - Question 183

Question 183: If an individual receives an intake of Class Y material in September and, pursuant to 10 CFR 20.1204 (d), the licensee waits 7 months to record the dose (March), what year should the dose be recorded?

Answer: The committed effective dose equivalent should be recorded in the year the intake was received. If the dose exceeded the limits, then it is considered an overexposure at the time when the intake occurred, and should be reported immediately.

(Reference: 10 CFR 20.1204)

Page Last Reviewed/Updated Wednesday, November 08, 2017